Cover Girl: Tuesday, September 14, 2010


Well, folks, here it is. Check out the CDC's "Inside Knowledge" PSA ad campaign that I'm "starring" in. Thanks to cancer, I got my BIG modeling break. Ha! If only that were really true.
Seriously, though, playing a small part in the rollout of this important campaign has been a hugely rewarding experience...and is another item to add to the ever-growing list of "why having ovarian cancer isn't the worst thing that ever happened to me." Please check out the campaign site and READ the symptoms of various kinds of gynecologic cancer. You owe it to yourself and the women you love.
Oh, and speaking of women we love, I'd like to give a special shout out to yet another fabulous woman afflicted with this insidious disease: Hang in there and stay strong, Mimi Cheney! (a.k.a my dear friend Ali's 91-year old grandmother who has just started chemo for stage IV ovarian cancer)

No comments:

Post a Comment