9 Month Stats: Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Well, I wish I could report the news I'd hoped to report following today's appointment with Dr. E but, alas, I can't. Here are the stats from my 9 month check-up with Dr. E:

Weight = 132 lbs. (okay, this is just about as upsetting as the other news I'm about to share...MUST GET BACK TO MY STRICT ANTI-CANCER DIET since this only 7 lbs. lighter than my highest weight ever!!!)

CA125 = ??? (also very upsetting is the fact that the blood work I had done at Labcorp last MONDAY is M.I.A. and not in the system)

Exam = Suspicious fullness?!?!?

Yep, that's right. Dr. E found suspicious fullness in my pelvic region during today's exam so he has ordered me to get a CT scan...and soon. He's pretty sure that what he felt is just scar tissue as scar tissue increases with time but just to be on the safe side he's ordered the scan. And because I need pre-authorization from my damn insurance company for the test, I have to wait to have it done until next Tuesday afternoon. Oh, and he hounded me about the mammogram he's wanted me to have for a long time too so that's on the schedule for next Tuesday as well. Good times! Would anyone like to volunteer to go in my place? Come on, you know you want to! The banana barium slushy is so darn good it's totally worth the inconvenience just for the taste of that stuff. Oh, and as an added bonus, if they can't find my blood work in the Labcorp system by Thursday, I have to get the blood work redone. Yipee!

I'll be back soon to let you know what we find out...

5 comments:

  1. Jennie, well it seems that your doctor was completely off the script ... although I will admit that "Suspicious Fullness" sounds a lot like an evil villain from a Harry Potter novel. Maybe your doctor was just following the wrong script.. ..missing lab tests, stupid health insurance pre authorizations, barium slushys?.... are these people trying to make ya go Postal? My word. On behalf those of us who complain about comparatively small speed bump size run ins with the medical world in our lives I would personally like to nominate you for an award for dealing with all of this. I don't know what that award would be called but whatever it is you deserve it. As far as I'm concerned you should get the 2010 version and retroactively get the 2009 too! Good luck with everything!!!!!! andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second what andy said. did you ask if you were on candid camera?! dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Jennie. Let me know if you need someone to knock some heads around at Labcorp - you know I can do it : ) Hope you're ok and staying positive. I'll be thinking of you.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, I'm speechless about all of this.
    I will say sometimes labs do go missing. It is not okay, but it does happen.
    I am POSITIVE everything is just fine. I'm thinkin' about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suspicious fullness? I feel that all the time (gas, usually)! No, I don't want to make too light of it, but I'm with Christina in thinking that all will be fine. Probably just Dr. E being overly cautious (esp since he didn't know what your CA125 was b/c of the stupid lab), which is good on the one hand, but can cause undue stress on the other. Tuesday will be here before you know it. I know you will keep yourself busy in the meantime! I will be thinking of you!
    xoxo, Ali

    ReplyDelete