Love and Politics: Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wow! Almost another full week has gone by since my last post. It's crazy season full of holiday gatherings...and errands...and it's hard to keep up! As you may recall, the first weekend of December was a whirlwind for me: Michelle and Jim's wedding was on Friday night and I hosted a political fundraiser for my friend Elena, who is running for the Georgia State House of Representatives, on Saturday evening. Here are some shots from the weekend of "Love and Politics." Enjoy!
All the ladies getting pretty in the Hotel Monaco.
The gorgeous bride-to-be ready for her dress!
Me and Michelle ready for the chapel. (By the way, I've given up loading vertical shots properly. Nothing I do works. Very upsetting.)
The bride and groom pre-ceremony.
The wedding party in front of the Old Town Trolley, our transportation for the festivities.
The bride and groom post-ceremony/pre-reception.
The bar at the reception.
Now for Saturday's fundraiser: The hostess and the candidate.
The tablescape.
Stump speech.
Loyal supporters: Melissa S., me, Elena, and Kristin W.
Obligatory candidate kissing baby shot.
Me (sans Brenda) with the lovely Parent sisters: Elena, me, Denise, and Diana.

3 comments:

  1. Jennie:

    I'm loving your blog! I'm an OC survivor, too (well, still in treatment but this far along I'm using the word survivor and anyone who protests can go fly a kite). Anyway, I wanted to let you know that there are others of you out there who hope like hell they still look cute when wearing someone else's hair - even though you look great without any! My hair is just about exactly at the same stage as yours.

    Anyway, hope you had an AMAZING time in the VI (we're going in April) and a wonderful New Year!

    Stay healthy,

    Sarah (the Carcinista)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. have you met mynameisnotcancergirl? she's in atl too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie,

    You look gorgeous (you always do, seriously!). So do the Parent sisters. All good wishes to Elena in her run for office!!!

    Marty

    ReplyDelete