So, how did it go?: Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 2:09 p.m.

Below is the email that Melissa S., otherwise known as my Patient Advocate, sent to my ever-growing distribution list following my surgery on April 2. Per my request, there was not a lot of detail in the note. I really wanted time to wake up and process what had occurred during my surgery before my friends and extended family found out. It is also the same reason that I didn't want anyone else besides my parents to be at the hospital with me during the surgery. I didn't want others to know what was wrong with me or what had been removed before I knew and I had no way of knowing how long it would be before I woke up. I know, I have control issues. Whatever.

Subject: Jennie's Surgery

Hi all,

Just a brief note to let you know that Jennie is out of surgery and in recovery. She tolerated surgery well and will be moved to a regular room later this afternoon. Once I have more information on room number, etc., I will pass that along. For now, just wanted to let you know that she made it out of surgery okay.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment