Wine & Cheese: Saturday, March 28, 2009

An evening with good friends: Michael and Krista with me and Mike at the TWIG winetasting fundraiser on Saturday, March 28, 2009.

As some of you know, I volunteer with TWIG, a local non-profit that raises money in support of INOVA Alexandria Hospital. I served on the fundraising committee with a wonderful group of women this past year before beginning a medical leave of absence at the end of March. Due to my extensive business travel throughout the fall months, I was a pretty bad committee member until the early winter when I got involved in helping execute the spring winetasting fundraiser (or perhaps, I was just finally passionate about the particular fundraising activity?). Anyway, the winetasting turned out to be a well-attended, surprisingly successful event (we thought the economy would affect our net this year but it didn't) but more importantly, it was actually fun and a great distraction before going in for surgery the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment