Change is in the Air: Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Change is in the air and in more ways than one: First, it's Election Day today in Virginia. So, it's out with the old and in with the new. I suppose we'll know by 8 or 9 p.m. or so who are new governor will be. It will be interesting to see if whomever we elect is able to do something about our traffic issues in nothern Virginia, which I've become keenly aware of during a few recent trips along the I-95 corridor. Doubtful. Second, we turned back our clocks on Sunday and along with that change comes pretty cold temps in the morning and dark skies by 5 p.m. I HATE IT WHEN WE FALL BACK. I walked loaner dog this morning in a polar fleece hat and my new puffy coat for winter and was still a littely chilly. Ugh. And there's one more BIG change...

Today is my first day back to work, except for a brief stint back in June, in about SEVEN months. I must say, I am *fabulous* at collecting a paycheck I don't have to work for. So, now it's back to the grind. Oh well, I guess I should embrace the fact that I'm well enough to work, right? Also, it really will be good for me to put my brain back to work a bit. Like my cardiovascular and muscular strength, my brain power has definitely been depleted a bit over the past several months so it will be good to work it out a bit. I think I'll adjust much better to my new work schedule than loaner dog. He's used to having me around or in and out throughout the day and now his bladder will be tested when I leave him for eight to nine hour stretches. I bet his "grandmother" will take pity on him and be over to get him out in the early afternoon most days that I'm in the office. Just like the rest of us, he'll have to learn that all good things must come to an end.

1 comment: