R.I.P. Farrah and Michael: Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wow! What a weird day?!? I was on my way to my friend Michelle's fun jean party at The Denim Bar in Bethesda this evening, during which I bought a great purple linen dress...not jeans, when I learned that both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson died earlier today. Unfortunatley, I was expecting to hear of Farrah's death but what a shocker about Michael. Whether you referred to him as the King of Pop or Whacko Jacko, the guy was a pop icon and I for one enjoyed his hits from the eighties. I remember going to the Hair Cuttery for a hair cut in elementary school and receiving my complimentary, "I HEART MICHAEL" pin. I dug that thing. I got to see Michael in concert one time at the Freedom Concert following 9/11 at RFK Stadium. To say it was disappointing was an understatement as I had to wait hours just to watch the King of Pop obviously lip sync "Man in the Mirror." Oh well. It's kind of ironic that both Farrah and Michael, who both had rather tragic final years of their lives for very different reasons, would pass away on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment