Southern Swing: Sunday, September 20, 2009

At long last, here are the pictures from my last trip to Charleston and Richmond. As you'll see, it was a wonderful trip from start to finish! It makes me sad to think I won't be back until next spring or summer. I love the Low Country!

We had dinner with Bobby's girlfriend, Ansley, our first night in town. She suggested Wild Olive and I'm so glad she did -- absolutely delicious northern Italian dishes.

Reunited and it feels so good! River and Ansley's dog, Coach, checking each other out.

If you look closely, you can tell just how excited Coach was to see River. Sorry...I couldn't help myself!

The dynamic duo.

Mom took a brief break from painting the dining room set to enjoy some time lounging on Sullivan's.

I took many breaks from painting. This is just one of them!

The bride-to-be, Michelle, during her cocktail hour "sprinkle" at The Sanctuary.

Me and Mom in our favorite Adirondak chairs on the veranda of The Sanctuary.

My yummy cosmo!

Michelle showing off one of her gifts. What is that Michelle?!?

Michelle, me, and Mom.

A perfect Low Country sunset. Gorgeous!

Michelle on Sullivan's (a.k.a. my favorite beach in town). This was her first beach trip in several years and she loved Sullivan's as much as I do.

Heading out to downtown for dinner at the Blossom Cafe on Michelle's second night with us.

Enjoying the view of the Cooper River Bridge from the Market Pavillion Inn's rooftop bar following dinner.

Next stop: Richmond. This photo was taken sometime around 1:45 a.m at my friend Dave's house in Richmond. Obviously, it was a fun dinner party. Congrats to me for staying awake that late and congrats to Kindra for figuring out the timer on her camera! From left to right: Dave, me, Karl, and Kindra.

All smiles! Kindra and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment