Manic Monday: Monday, August 17, 2009

It's actually not too manic, really. I'm just back from my morning walk with loaner dog and I have about a dozen or so items on my pre-party to-do list to get going on and I'm going to try to catch up on all of my email and Facebook messages (I get so behind when I'm knocked out for a week). Oh, I was brave enough to check the weather for next weekend this morning: There is a pretty good chance of rain so PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that we don't get rain this Saturday evening. The party will happen rain or shine but it will be much more fun to have it poolside than in the darn house.

I had a great weekend; it was so fun to be social again after my hybernation and the low-key week that followed. Friday night I treated Michelle to a celebratory drink at Clyde's following our wedding dress shopping outing (so far, the dress I posted is in the lead!) and then we headed to her place where we grilled veggie kabobs with Jim and Lucy. As you'll see we dined alfresco on their back deck -- it was a beautiful evening. Following dinner, I met my good friends Kindra and Karl for a drink (and sinful dessert!) at Capital City Brewing Company (again, on the patio) and it was great to catch up with them for a bit.

Me and Michelle, a.k.a the bride-to-be.

Following our morning walk, River and I spent the day at the pool on Saturday afternoon and Kristin and LEW joined us after naptime, which was fun. Saturday night I attended the Riddy's housewarming party, which was such a great time. Their house looked FANTASTIC -- particularly, all of the design projects we had worked on and their new back staircase.

We pooled it again yesterday and Jill came over to join us. We spent several glorious hours floating in the pool catching up on life. And last night, I shared a couple of Pacificos and my favorite Guapos salad with my friend Chris, whom many of you gals only know as the "Hot Marine."

Okay, gotta get going. I've promised myself that I won't get sucked into the internet for hours this morning! MUST. BE. PRODUCTIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment