Spic-n-Span: Thursday, June 18, 2009

Apologies for the past two days of radio silence. I was busy prepping for my colonscopy on Tuesday and yesterday was the main event. First, let me say that my colorectal surgeon's prep is much more pleasant than my oncologist's so I'm going to ask Dr. E if I can do the colorectal protocol for my next surgery. I won't get into details but the bottomline is Tuesday's prep tasted a heck of a lot better than the other AND I had less violent reaction to it. Second, colonoscopies are really much ado about nothing, so if you ever have to get one, which you should sometime between 40 and 50, don't sweat it. Really. You go in, get in a gown, meet your lovely anethesiologist, fall asleep, wake-up, and in my case, find out that you have a beautiful colon that is totally healthy and doesn't even have one polyp in it. Yay! As you can imagine, I was relieved to get further confirmation that the dreaded "C" has not invaded my body in multiple locations and that I was not going to need a whole army of surgeons in my next surgery. This also means that my colon probably won't be touched during said surgery so I should be able to eat and drink a lot faster than the three-day medically-induced food hiatus I had to suffer through last time.

I was kind of a slug the last two days between the colonoscopy prep and recovery but I'm back in action today. I'm in the office trying to get a million things done before two great events today: 1. A fun and yummy lunch at Art and Soul, which is owned by Oprah's former chef and two-time James Beard Award winner, Art Smith and 2. An award-winning play this evening, "Jonna's Body, please hold," which is a cancerous dark comedy about one woman's experience fighting cancer. Will let you know what I think of both! Oh, and tomorrow I start the day with a couple more diagnostics before heading down to my beloved Charlottesville for a surprise you'll all learn more about later...trust me, it's gonna be good!

3 comments:

  1. Phew! So glad you got some good news Jennie!! And I'm also happy to hear the procedure isn't sooo bad- but I guess it's all relative?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Hooray! Plus, enjoyed your green shirt the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic news Jennie! Hey, check your FB for info on NYC room.

    ReplyDelete