Cocktail Anyone?: Thursday, April 2, 2009

So, in addition to Mike, I finally allowed a few of my best friends, all of whom had hounded me to be at the hospital during my surgery, to stop by briefly around 8 p.m. the evening of my surgery. Well, supposedly when they got there (I say supposedly because thanks to a beautiful morphine drip, I have only a vague recollection of this...), I went into full, drugged-up hostess mode. I made Mike leave when they got there so he could get a snack that he probably didn't actually need or want. Oh, and apparently, I kept asking all of my girlfriends if they wanted something to eat or drink even though I had nothing to offer them except what was available from the vending machine. But the best part is this: I guess it took me less than three or four waking hours to figure out how I would redesign the room to include a wet bar where the bench by the window was because I kept asking them, "See over there? Wouldn't it be so great if there were a fridge and counter in addition to the sink so that I could serve wine and snacks when people visited?" Only yours truly and maybe Martha Stewart could be so concerned (neurotic maybe?) about playing hostess while under the influence of the aforementioned lovely morphine.

1 comment: