It's a Family Affair: Weekend of April 18, 2009

My Uncle Chris got married to his longtime love, Gail, on Saturday, April 18 (well, actually, Friday, April 17 during their Katubbah ceremony but they also had a committment ceremony on Saturday). It was a full wedding weekend filled with many events...and many conversations about the dreaded "C." It seems it was all everyone wanted to talk about! How exhausting?! Despite this, it was a beautiful weekend and I was happy to have had the chance to visit with so many family members.


The beautiful bride with her father, Milton.



Mutual admiration society: Sharing a laugh at the reception with my beloved Grandad.



Me, my mom, and Aunt Annie toast the newlyweds. Uncle Chris once broke (as in the whole thing fell apart underneath his weight) a nice antique wood rocker of my parent's, so I roasted him a bit (I like to roast, not toast) by telling Gail that I hoped her rockers faired better than ours and then wished them a long, happy life together.


The whole gang: (Front row left to right) Gail's father Milton, my Uncle Bob and Aunt Genie, my grandmother Denny (who gets younger each year of her life), the bride and groom, my wonderful step grandfather Clark, my Aunt Annie, and Gail's mother Marilyn. (Back row left to right) Me, my mom, Grandad, and my cousin Will. Notice who is not pictured? My brother couldn't make it up from Charleston and my father only made it to the Katubbah ceremony. He had a long-standing fishing charter trip that weekend. Nothing gets in the way of an important fishing trip! If my father ever left my mother for another "woman," he would leave for the Chesapeake Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment