Spreading the Word: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 at 4:10 p.m.

Here's the first email I sent to let a relatively small group of local girlfriends to let them know what I learned at the doctor's office earlier in the day on the 10th.

No subject line


Hey everyone,

Since all of you on this email are aware of my recent “GYN” health woes, I thought it would be most efficient to update you all on my status in one email. Unfortunately, I got some bad news at the doctor’s office today. Apparently, the endometrial polyp he removed last week is cancerous. I really don’t have any more information than that at this point. I should start to learn more about the cancer I have when I have my first oncologist appointment next Tuesday, including whether it’s ovarian or uterine cancer, etc. I probably won’t know how serious it is (i.e. what stage it is) until they perform surgery to remove it, which will hopefully happen by the end of this month.

I’m thinking about creating a blog to update everyone on things in an efficient manner (and to have a creative outlet to record the more interesting moments of cancer treatment…). If I do, I’ll share the link with all of you next week. In the meantime, please keep me (and my female parts) in your thoughts and prayers. Also, please feel free to share this news with anyone you like (this isn’t a big ugly secret). I’m waiting tell some extended family and out of town friends until I have more information but other than that, you can share as you see fit.

Hope to see you all soon!
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment